It is common place for a lot of buyers to ask a Builder or a friend to have a look at a House before buying. This has been going on for years and is still acceptable if you don't want a written report or any guarantee that what they tell you is accurate or correct.
Did you know that any Building Inspection, whether Pre Purchase or a Building Condition report should be documented in a certain way to conform with a Legal Australian Standard process? This process is in place to protect YOU!
- A Pre Inspection Agreement made in writing between yourself and the Inspector is first.
- Areas that will be Inspected should be clearly identified.
- Areas that can't be seen and recommendations for Invasive Inspections are required.
- Do you have Professional Indemnity Insurance?
- Do you provide a report that conforms with Australian Standard 4349.1?